Sunday, December 4, 2011

C4K November Summary

dancing turkey
Lets talk turkey!






I am very thankful that I have had the pleasure of blogging with many nice and wonderful  students during the month of November!







For my first assignment, I visited with Mr. McClung's class on his special assignment "Three Things Thursday".  In this weekly segment, the class post and views CNN Student News on their classroom blog. I really enjoyed watching  this news from around the world which was geared specifically for school children.  The news segment ended with a "Hero of the Week".  The students got to see somebody doing something good for their local community.  I always love hearing some good news and I am sure the students get a  lot out of this special program.

Next, I blogged with Silas who was a sixth year student at Pt. England School in Auckland, NZ.  We commented about an Immersion Assembly  that he had attended.  It was an assembly about the solar system and his teacher Mr. Somerville played the "star" in the program.  Silas really enjoyed learning about the solar system from this play!

I also got to visit with Mrs. Yollis' 3rd Grade Class on their wonderful blog site.  They have received many different awards for their classroom blog and you will enjoy seeing these third graders using technology and learning so much in their modern day classroom.

You can access their classroom blog at:

http://yollisclassblog.blogspot.com/

I had the pleasure of blogging with one of Mrs. Yollis' former students named Miriam who is now in fourth grade.  I was actually assigned to blog with her twice this month and, on both occasions, Miriam had posted a recipe she had cooked at her home.  The first recipe was for a dish called piroshki.  It is a type of meat pie and she posted pictures of her progress.  She later made homemade cupcakes shaped like owls.  I really appreciated her pictures and her directions.  Miriam is an unbelievable blogger....she made everything sound and look so good!  I was actually hungry after visiting her blog!  I know one day that Miriam will be a wonderful writer and cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment