Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog Post #14

box of tricks



For this weeks assignment we visited Jose Picardo's blog site and also watched his video called "Top Ten Tricks for using Technology in the Classroom".  I can't begin to describe the amount of information I received from this weeks assignment.






In his video, Jose mentions ten things every teacher should do in their classroom.

You can access this short video at:

Top Ten Tricks for using Technology in the Classroom

Jose suggest using such things as music, Youtube, Skype, podcast, blogs, Wikis, social networks, gadgets, etc.  He suggest that teachers should use what ever tools their students are using at home or in their free time. This is what students are most comfortable with and we should adapt these tools to teach our curriculum.

Jose is a very soft spoken gentleman.  He is also very kind and generous and shares much information at his website.

You can access his website at:

http://www.boxoftricks.net/

In the resources tab, he list over 200 websites and tools for teachers to use in their classrooms. I have saved that page to my reading list and I look forward to adding many of his recommendations to my PLN.  In fact, I've already added his website to my PLN.  He is definitely somebody to follow.....if you want to learn more about technology in the classroom.

He really has left a huge "Box of Tricks" for all of us!  Many thanks Jose!

1 comment:

  1. Katherine,

    Resources are so important as we continue our journey towards becoming educators! I am glad you found these sites useful.

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete