Sunday, October 2, 2011

September CFK (Comments for Kids)

classroom kids



Our class has had the privilege of commenting with several different students and classrooms around the world on their classroom blogs.  I must say that our  CFK  #1 assignment was the first time that I have ever communicated with a classroom student over the Internet.

 I blogged with a student in Iowa and she had posted a beautiful wordle and written a poem all about herself.  Then, I went all the way to the United Kingdom and I blogged with a student about her  day trip to Alton Towers Theme Park.  I found out that Alton Towers is very similar to our "Disney World".  Next, I got to blog with a more "local" classroom.  I blogged with the St. Elmo Explorers about all the new ipads their classrooms had received from a special grant from Ms. Lucy Buffett.  You could see how excited all the students were with their new ipads and I was so surprised at how much they had already learned.  They had also done so much work with their classroom blog in such a short time!  Lastly, I blogged with Josh from New Zealand about places he would love to visit.  I also got to vote on a "new" flag for New Zealand.

All of the kids are really having fun and they are so creative with their blog sites.  You can really see learning taking place through this new technology.   It is very exciting that I get to be a part of this!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you are excited about C4K. I know from the comments of the teachers that they find your comments useful and the kids love getting them. Writing for a real audience is important!

    ReplyDelete