Thursday, November 17, 2011

Special Metaphor Assignment/Additional Post #1

metaphor cartoon

Well, according to Dr. Strange, it looks like most of our class should just go on and  flush Blog Post # 10 down the toilet!  Speaking for myself, I guess I missed the point because I really had my head in the clouds!

It looks like we really were beginning to grate on Dr. Strange's nerves.  We really made him boiling mad that most of us completely missed the metaphor of Tom Johnson's  "Don't Let Them Take the Pencils Home".

I do hate to leave all of this on a sour note, so I need to say.....
Dr. Strange...
Please forgive me for not hitting the nail on the head with this assignment!   And, while your at it, go on and forgive the whole bunch!  We are such little babe chicks and we have a lot of growing to do!

So, I plead you to take a chill pill and lighten up!  Don't feel blue anymore.  You have definitely given all of us something to chew on and , hopefully, we all now see the light!  You have brought us out of the darkness...there is no gray any more.

I want to leave on a high note...
and let you know that I completely understand metaphors now and how much fun it is to use them to make a point.  I also understand how important it is to spread the word to my students!  I don't want them to be a bunch of Plane Janes and the use of metaphors can make their life and their writing so very colorful!  They can have the whole world at their fingertips if they just use metaphors.

Thank you so much for really making me see the light!  You are my Savior!

Your biggest fan,

Kathy Zoghby
EDM310

P.S.  I hope you don't think this is a suck up.....I was just doing my assignment!  I really hope I was on the right page this time!!??!!??
Over and out......

No comments:

Post a Comment