Friday, November 4, 2011

C4K October Summary

Halloween cat and pumpkin








For the month of October, I got to blog with some very special students!


I got to wish a very "Happy Birthday" to Isaac from Room 6 Pt. England School in New Zealand.  He had posted a picture of a birthday cake and a video of his thoughts on his special day!  He did a very good job for a seven year old!  I was really amazed by the work those young kids are doing on their blog site "Little Voices, Little Scholars"!

My next assignment was to blog with Dartarian from Room 10 at Pt. England School in New Zealand.  He was learning about Paris and he drew a picture of himself in front of the famous "Arc de Triomphe".  We blogged about the history of that special site and how many famous people have passed under it's arches.  I told him that he looked the best!

I also blogged with yet another class at Pt. England School.  I visited with Room 17 and learned all about the bittern.  It is a coastal bird that is indigenous to that area and is now extinct.  They did a wonderful Google Presentation about the bird.  I learned what they ate, how big they grew, and how many eggs they laid.  I also got to thank them for getting the word out and how important it is for each of us to do our part to protect our native animals!

Lastly, I blogged with a student named Gabriel.  He was given many writing assignments.  I really liked his writing and description of the cabin in the woods.  He also talked about cyber bullying!  I told him that I really liked that he had learned to report improper behavior and to never give out his blog password to anyone.
School students

No comments:

Post a Comment