Saturday, August 27, 2011

Introduction/ Blog Post #1

I am taking this class to get  re-certified in Elementary Education.   I got my education degree at Auburn University.  I taught kindergarten for ten years in the Mobile County Public School System.  I am married and a mother of three wonderful children.  I have decided to go back to work, since my children are getting older.  I have lived in Mobile for the last 35 years, however, I have lived in Virginia, Germany, Texas, Georgia, Thailand, and Kansas.  My interest and hobbies include coaching, decorating, swimming, horseback riding, oil painting, reading, gardening and volunteering at school or church.

I decided to take this class to help me be a better teacher, especially when it comes to using current media and technology in the classroom!  I feel this is one of my weaknesses because so much has changed in this area since I last taught.  I hope to learn a lot from this class and I look foward to working with all of you!

4 comments:

  1. I need to make sure that my blog is really working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second try to make sure my blog is working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to EDM310 and welcome back to teaching.

    What about part 2 of the Blog Post Assignment #1 (Time Management)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy it is nice to meet you! My name is David and I am planning on going into Secondary Education for history. I'm one of the ones a little skeptical about all of this technology in the classroom and I am very excited to learn the techniques as well. Good luck this year with everything!

    ReplyDelete